Friday, November 21, 2014

Day 61 Lautoka, Fiji (Part 1 of 2)

Today was a fabulous day in Fiji….  I have been to Lautoka 4 times in the last 4 years and today was one of the best!  It’s actually the first time I have really spent time exploring the city of Lautoka.  The people here are just amazing, very friendly and helpful.  I felt so welcomed wherever I went…  just fabulous!  Left the ship and walked along the waterfront and headed first to the Central Market.  What a great market!  The place is quite large and the people who worked there were a lot of fun.  Next it was off to the Botanical Gardens stopping off at the Sri Krishna Kaliva Temple along the way.  The gardens appear to be under renovation and that is nice to see since improvements really are in order.  Then it was off for a visit to Churchill Park where a very large gathering of women was taking place.  The music was great and before you knew it some ladies had me up and dancing.  They were holding a fundraiser for some project for women.  I made a contribution and collected a lot of new friends along the way.  It was truly a magnificent day!  Here is part one of two parts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment