Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day 57 Auckland, New Zealand

I couldn’t believe it when I came out on deck this morning, the weather was terrible…..  It was a very overcast and wet day.  Since I have been to Auckland a number of times and I am not exactly up to full speed I decided to take it easy.  I even considered not going ashore but…  that is just not in me.  I went ashore with Fred & Georgette and we headed for the Apple store which in this case was just an Apple Reseller.   They weren’t open yet so Fred & I headed out for the Auckland Skytower for a view of Auckland from above.  The view was fantastic.  Fortunately, it was pretty clear while we were up there.  After we got back to the Apple store we decided they couldn’t help us with what we needed so we left.  We then went searching for a restaurant where Fred & Georgette’s daughter worked called Snap Dragon.  We found it and it was a nice reception by the staff.  We stayed there a while, updated our computers and got something to eat and drink.  It was a wonderful way to spend some time on a very rainy day…..  Now we are headed for Lautoka, Fiji after two days at sea.  Hope I can get healed by then…..

No comments:

Post a Comment