Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 53 Eden, Australia

Today was a very nice visit to a new port for me, Eden Australia….  I was a bit shocked when I came out this morning to take photos as we sailed to our anchorage because it was really a bit too cold for my taste.  So much for the 73 Degree forecaste with sunny skies.  Oh well, it didn’t put a damper on the day.  I got off on the first tender and after checking in with the tourist information folks, I headed out for a hike to the view point for whale watching…  Oh well, no whales but great views.  I hike along the ridge of an area they call the Eagle’s Claw because of the rock formations jutting out into the sea like an eagle’s claw.  Very scenic!  I met some wonderful people along the way, makes the visit so nice.  I then continued on, into town for some exploring.  I headed to the beach which seemed very lovely but… today was not a beach day.  After about 5 hours ashore I headed back to the ship…  What a wonderful day!!!  Eden is a small but very friendly place.  The scenic beauty is just wonderful.  If I had more time I would love to go out whale watching, seems to be the place for it...

2 comments:

  1. For you this port was new, for us Australia is still new, beautiful foto's , keep on going showing us your view of the world, regards Arda & Hermann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day in Bangkok yesterday-now back in Pkt and catching up on your
    reports

    Eden is now on on my list for a future OZ visit-as to the zoo photos-WOW-on my time there didn't have a camera with me(even if I had, shots would be INCOMPARABLE to yours)so thanks for the memories !

    ReplyDelete