Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 51 Sydney Australia (Part 1 of 2)

What a busy day….  The first thing was the sail into Sydney harbor.  I have to say that these were the best conditions I have ever seen for a sail into the harbor.  The sky was clear, sun was shining and the air absolutely clear….  What an opportunity!  After we docked I left the ship still uncertain as to what I would do.  This didn’t concern me a bit since I have been here so many times.  I headed out toward Circular Quay, were  we used to dock.  I decided along  the way to walk up to the Observatory perched high on a hill.  Then I headed for the Bridge….  I walked across it taking many photos along the way and walked the shore on the other side once I arrived.  Then I walked back to Circular Quay and hopped on the ferry to Taronga Zoo.  I have never visited there so I thought I’d give it a go….  The zoo was wonderful…  really enjoyed it.  I spent several hours there and then took the gondola to the ferry dock and headed back to Circular Quay.  Then I walked past the Opera House all the way to Mrs. Macquarie’s Chair for a scenic view of the bridge and opera house.  Then it was back to the ship after walking about 17 miles for the day.  I have a busy evening planned going over the 1500 photos I took during the day and then going out for a few night photos….  What a day!  I am posting photos from the visit to the Taronga Zoo separately in part 2 of 2.


1 comment:

  1. I think you should put a counter on the picture of the woman model in her bikini. I bet she gets the most 'hits'. :o)

    ReplyDelete