Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 18 Amsterdam, surprise party

After spending a wonderful day with Aart & Ellen exploring Amsterdam, Corrine & I went back to the ship and got ready for dinner.  It was one of the most memorable dinners that I have ever experienced.  Aart, in a very quiet way arranged for a number of my friends from Holland & Curacao to surprise us for a dinner gathering at “de Silveren Spiegel”.  It is one of the most famous Dutch Restaurants’, dating back to 1614 when it housed the mayor of Amsterdam.  When we arrived I was simply stunned to see one friend after another come pouring out, Arda, Hermann, Judith, Joop, Hanna, Benno, Sarah, Chloe & Clinton….  That is of course in addition to Aart & Ellen.  These are some of the nicest, warmest friends a person could have….  They certainly have enriched my life and have made a huge difference in Aart’s life.  The food was fabulous, the discussions lively and the room was filled with laughter and lots of love.  It was just one of those special  moments….  I cannot thank them enough for making Corrine & my visit to Amsterdam the best….

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the photos. That was so wonderful to see our friends. Wished Sandra and I could have been there. I will send an email to Aart and share our happiness. Lots of love to you and Corrine Sandra and Allan

    ReplyDelete