Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 122 Safaga, Egypt

Ed, Becky, Janet, Mike & I headed off to Hurgada Egypt this morning to go snorkeling.  We boarded a boat (with 47 people) and headed out to Giftun Island where we were to snorkel.  There were 35 boats there so, as you can imagine, it was a bit crowded.  I wouldn’t recommend this during busy times….  All in all we had a great day!  It certainly was a bit frustrating having all communications (internet, phone service) blocked by Egypt these last two days.  It could happen some more, we are sailing into Sharm el-Sheikh at the moment and still have to transit the Suez Canal….



3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Dr. Cruise!‏

    Hi Jeff:

    Looks like you are doing well and haven’t had to fend off any pirates today, arghh!

    I read Time magazine’s list of best blogs of 2011 and there must have been a mistake because yours wasn’t there. I’m going to let them know the error of their ways as your blog, especially the pictures, is the best! BTW, LOVE LOVE LOVE the starfish!

    You don’t need me to tell you to have a great time on your birthday so my wish for you is to have a never ending cruise with Diet Cokes, a well charged camera, good friends and pretty women.

    Take care my friend and I hope to see you when you take a break and become a landlubber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you were under water, Brad was in the air. What a great day had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!
    Lovely update.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete