Saturday, February 20, 2016

2016 Grand World Voyage, Day 46, Darwin, Australia

It was a searing day in Darwin, temperatures up around 100 degrees or more.....  Still managed to have a wonderful time.....  I went with Michael & Susan to the George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens via the Esplanade, a nice long, sweaty walk.  Once we got to the gardens, we really enjoyed seeing all the trees, plants & flowers.  We had a very nice lunch at Eva’s CafĂ©, right on the site of the gardens.  Michael & Susan then took a taxi back to the ship (very smart) while I continued walking.  I finished up my day walking over 28 thousand steps and over 14 miles...  I was pretty hot and worn out at the end of the day.  I finished up by taking a swim at the pool.  We had a great day and a lovely dinner sitting out on the aft deck....  just wonderful!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment