Friday, November 6, 2015

Tales of the South Pacific Avatoru, Rangiroa

This was a return visit for me to Rangiroa….  Beautiful island with most of the activities centered around diving.  The sail in this morning was very wet and windy, I even resorted to a jacket which is a rare occurance for me in this part of the world.  The original plan was for 4 of us to go ashore but due to the nasty weather conditions when we arrived, the rest of the group decided to wait for a while.  In the meantime, I charged ahead and walked the length of the island and back for a distance of just over 16 miles….  It was very scenic and lovely and when it wasn’t raining, quite nice.  I really enjoyed my day exploring Rangiroa…..  nice place to visit, wouldn’t mind coming back again some day….

 

No comments:

Post a Comment