Sunday, September 29, 2013

Day 6 Hilo, Hawaii

Today turned out to be a very nice day…  We had a shower or two but nothing to put a damper on the day.  I went to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park with 3 other guys from the ship.  We rented a car and headed out….  The park was very nice, I have been there on a number of other occasions.  After leaving the park we headed to Rainbow Falls and Peepee Falls or the boiling pots.  The scenery was magnificent.  I did manage to survive the day with my damaged knee.  I may have to start taking it easy, things are not getting better.  Bummer!  Oh well, I did have a great day…  Tomorrow, Honolulu Hawaii!

 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, bummer knee. Hope the staff can keep you supplied with bags of ice and you can keep it elevated while on board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff....
    I'd get the knee scanned on Oahu stop-over; maybe the last chance for awhile. By the time you return, 'ObamaCare's' ACA will be in effect for you young bucks w/o insurance. Just kidding. Sure hope you're feeling better.
    Oh, on the BI, had you ever driven the 18-mile "Chain of Craters" highway south from Volcanos Natl. Park down to the ocean..... through the vast, impressive lava fields? We thought that drive was a high point, besides exploring the Mo'okini sacred site on the northernmost point of the island.
    Have fun.
    T&C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeff, I have followed your posts for a couple of years & have really enjoyed your travels. Your pictures are amazing! I hope your knee improves and you are able to continue enjoying your travels. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Take care, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the cloud pictures! Sorry about your knee and hope you can get it taken care of sooner than later. Thanks for taking us along again - it gets me through our hard Ontario winters.
    Gail (1of4 on CC)

    ReplyDelete