Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 1 Los Angeles, California

What a great day!  The day to embark the ms Amsterdam finally arrived.  I got on the ship early and immediately started seeing old friends.  It is like a homecoming, just perfect. I spent the day balancing my time between sitting poolside taking in the perfect sunny weather and getting unpacked.  The sail away after our lifeboat drill was fun, again connecting with old friends and meeting some new ones.  Before dinner I went to the Crow’s Nest and joined Leslie & Handler for drinks.  It was fun but a bit disappointing than Serendipity, the fabulous group that plays there wasn’t scheduled to play until later…. Apparently they have been replaced with Pub Trivia, hmmm….  N eed to work on that!  Dinner was great, wonderful to dine with my friends Brad, Gloria, Jim, Jessica, Leslie and Handler. The food was amazing!  I went to the show after dinner which was a welcome/introduction show… well done!  Then I tried to do my blog…  couldn’t connect so…. You are getting it now.  It was a  great start to my voyage and now it is time to relax & enjoy…

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeff,
    Bon Voyage and so happy to learn things are off to a wonderful start. Hope the next few days finds you basquing poolside in the sunshine.
    Enjoyed your flower shots and those of the various boats. We just had our first Schooner Festival and the winds were favorable so all the photographers were happy.
    Best wishes,
    BVH- Groton, Ct.

    ReplyDelete