Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 214 Belem, Brazil (Part 1 of 2)

It was up very early to catch the sunrise as we sailed up the Amazon….  We got on the first tender ashore into Icoraracy Village where our tender pier was located.  Then we hopped on a shuttle and headed to Belem, about an hour away.  As with last year, the highlight was the Mercado Ver o Peso, lots of activity there.  Also went up to Forte Do Belem which is adjacent to the market.  It was a very hot and steamy day I Brazil.  I enjoyed the day with all its activity.  Went back to the ship and di a bit more packing… so sad!  I selected a lot of photos to display today so there is a double blog posting.

 

2 comments:

  1. So happy you were able to catch the sunrise. Spectacular indeed! It looks like it was very hot, but I'm guessing that the pic in Part 2 of all the bottles might have been able to cure anything anybody might ever complain about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing I was in the hot, hot, hot weather with you guys. We had some snow in Hanover today. I will certainly miss all your wonderful pictures as your trip draws to a close. Enjoy the last few ports! Chris
    PS I am very excited to have mom home!!

    ReplyDelete