Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 209 At Sea

Today was a very special day…..  Okay, the weather was simply spectacular, lots of sun and time in the pool but that wasn’t it…..  It was also the 140th Birthday for Holland America Line but….  That wasn’t it either, it was the one year anniversary of Corrine receiving the gift of life, her liver transplant.  One year ago, my friends and I were glued to our emails once we received the initial notification of the possible transplant after a couple of years of agony for Corrine.  She sent a short note which simply said “MY TURN!  My pager has gone off.  I'm off to London University Hospital. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.  I don't know when I'll be able to email again but Chris will attempt to respond to inquiries that are forwarded to her “  The rest is history, the donor match was good and now she has gotten back to living her life.  Life is full of such miracles….  To celebrate this evening we had a wonderful dinner with Ed & Becky…..  What a day!

 

4 comments:

  1. Great story Jeff and all my best to both of you....

    Whitey

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS to Corrine!!

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know either of you except through this blog. But I do feel like I "know" you. Best of everything to Corinne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miracles DO happen...she looks wonderful!!! You are both living life to the fullest...continue on that path, life is good!!! Beachlady

    ReplyDelete