Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 169 Manila, Philippines (Part 1 of 2)

It just couldn’t get any better than this….  To see the crew and their families reunite after long absences is a sight to behold.   Just amazing!  We were very fortunate to have the opportunity to go out and tour mania for a while with my friend Raymund’s wife and her sister, made for a very special day.  We first went to Fort Santiago.  Great visit to a place with such historical significance.  Next it was off to the markets to see the Filipinos in their everyday life going to the market.  We finished the day shopping before returning to the ship to once again take in the reunions amongst the families.  I think there were between 1500 – 2000 visitors to the ship today….  Once again, I took a lot of photos so I thought I’d share a number of them in a two part blog…..  here is part one.

 

1 comment:

  1. I can just imagine the hugs and the tears. It makes me cry too!

    ReplyDelete