Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 13 Oranjestad, Aruba

What happed to the sun?  Today was a pretty dark, wet day….  It seemed like every time there was hope for the skies to clear and the sun to come out another storm would come.  It is good that I had not planned for a beach day.  Aart & I got off the ship first thing and headed out in the rain to tour the island.  It was a good decision even though the weather was pretty poor…..  I was nice to take a couple of hours and see parts of the island that I have never seen before.  In town Aart found the Christmas spirit with the Heineken Christmas tree….  Very nice!  This is the last stop on this cruise…. 2 days at sea and into Ft. Lauderdale.  It will be nice to use my mobile phone for the day.

2 comments:

  1. nice shot of the wave breaking against the shore( palm tree umbrella). and also the one where it is breaking against the rock. Looks like the amsterdam is playing peek a boo with the building. Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you found the Heineken tree--thought that was a riot! Just back from two weeks in the southern Caribbean. Glad you're out there now posting so I can pretend the cruise is still going. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete