Sunday, December 4, 2011

California Dreaming.... A day in Long Beach

























The time zone change killed me....  I woke up at 2:30 a.m.!  Oh well, at least I'm here in California waiting on the Amsterdam to arrive.  Today my friend Aart & I walked around Long Beach, did some shopping and I took some photos.  It was pretty cold when we first headed out but warmed up as the day worn on.  It is pretty frigid here and tomorrow will be pretty brisk when we board.  We had lunch out on the pier in the Marina and had a pretty good day.  It is very special to see my friend Aart again after losing his dear wife Yvonne who was a very, very dear friend.  She will be with us, every day, for the entire duration of our voyages.  Aart's Holland America family anxiously await his return to the Amsterdam where he and Yvonne spent so many wonderful days....  Aart & I plan on leaving the hotel around 11:00 in the morning to check in  and board our "home away from home" for the next 144 days....  Should be an amazing voyage!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jeff

    Off on another adventure! Say hello to Emily for us she is right in the middle of a 10 month contract. Looking forward to following your travels

    Al and Jenn Butler
    Victoria B.C.

    ReplyDelete