Thursday, January 3, 2019

Zuiderdam MegaVoyage 2018-2019, Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas

Wonderful return to St Thomas…  It is great to see that a lot of recovery has occurred since my visit last year after the hurricane.  The major highlight of the day was visiting two great friends on the Nieuw Amsterdam, Captain Edward van Zaane and his beautiful wife Apollonia van Ravenstein.  It was just a wonderful visit onboard a wonderful ship….  It was great to talk about our experiences on the my first couple of World Voyages….  After my visit, I went back to my home, the Zuiderdam, changed clothes, grabbed my backpack and camera and headed back out….  It was a great day to get a long walk in and I did just that….  I did leave some time later in the afternoon for relaxing in the beautiful sunshine….  It was a fabulous day!!!!  Thank you Edward & Apollonia for your wonderful hospitality! Until the next time….


























































2 comments: