Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Zuiderdam MegaVoyage 2018-2019, Basseterre, St Kitts

It was a pretty low key day here in St Kitts…..  The sail into port was nice but by the time I was ashore, the rains decided to come.  It rained with some intensity at times, the umbrella kept the camera dry so no big deal.  I came back to the ship after tiring of the showers for a brief respite.  After about an hour or so, I headed back out with a certain optimism about the weather conditions…  That optimism quickly faded as more showers came….  Back to the ship again!  I had lunch and went outside and saw a glimmer of hope for a sunny afternoon….  I went and changed, grabbed my stuff and headed to the upper decks….  I relaxed in the sun for an hour or so being forced to give up again….  So….  I decided to take a 30 minute nap….  All is good!  It was an ok day despite the weather, got my 10 miles in, took some photos, had a little sunshine and even had a nap…  it just doesn’t get any better than that.  We were slightly late leaving, we didn’t have line handlers….  They are still wrapping up Carnival!


















































No comments:

Post a Comment