Friday, January 5, 2018

The 2018 Grand World Voyage begins.....

Hard to believe that the day is finally here.... the 2108 Grand World Voyage kicks off. It seems like yesterday when I embarked on my "once in a lifetime" voyage in 2007, appropriately named "Dreams of Discovery". That was then and now I find myself on my 12th consecutive Grand World Voyage..... I've just kept on dreaming of new discoveries around the world. Had a wonderful greeting when I arrived my Orlando Ashford, President of Holland America Line, Gerald Bernhoft, Director of the Mariner Society and of course a very, very important man, our Captain, Jonathan Mercer. Once onboard, the reunion began, so many familiar faces, old friends and some very special friends amongst the guests and crew. The people on a Grand World Voyage are like a big family. There's a lot of love here.... that doesn't mean it's always smiles and laughter, there's a fair number of unpleasantries along the way just like in any family. But for now, everyone is all smiles, dreaming of adventures to come. Thanks for coming along on my journey, I hope you'll see some amazing sights along the way. You never know, it may just plant the seed for your Grand World Voyage somewhere down the line.

8 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful cruise Jeff. We will be "sailing" along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, We would love to be there with you on another exciting Grand World Voyage adventure. But it is not in the cards for us, but we thank you, Jeff, for taking the time to share with us a "port by port" picture and fabulous commentary accompanying the photos. Yes, Jeff, you said it correctly " a very important man, our Captain, Jonathan Mercer." What a nice man and so knowledgeable.......lucky you, getting to travel again with Captain Mercer. Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again for sharing your adventures with us Jeff...and yes, you ARE planting the seeds for what I hope someday will be a Grand Voyage for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I remember that first World Cruise in 2007. Thanks for all the memories.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Bon voyage and thanks for sharing. We'll be following your posts, the ninth year for us!

    Bill and Carolyn
    2010 World Cruise segment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to following your travels again. You have given us many ideas. Last fall we enjoyed a subway trip then climb to the 10,000 Buddhas Monastery in Hong Kong. Never would have thought of that without your photos and comments. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeff, Bob and I were on the 2007 and 2008 World Cruise with you and I can't believe that this is the 12th WC for you!! Where does life go? So glad you are enjoying every minute of it. Will be checking your blog every day. Thanks for the time you spend on it. Beachlady

    ReplyDelete
  8. have had fun catching up on your trip. Hi to Cathy and Ann for me

    ReplyDelete