Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Deja Vu Circle Hawaii Voyage, Day 77, Honolulu, Hawaii

It was a very dreary, early morning as we sailed into Honolulu….  The dark clouds didn’t look promising for a day at the beach.  Ann, Cathy & I left the ship a little later in the morning, around 8:30 with a plan to catch some Wi-Fi, do some shopping and of course for me, explore the town and snap a few photos.  I had an interesting thing happen to me in Waikiki early afternoon….  I walked out on the breakwater that protects the lagoon at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, by the Rainbow Tower to take some nice photos of Diamond Head and the beach.  At some point in the process, I decided to change my filter to a Circular Polarizer from the standard UV filter.  For the first time in my life I dropped the polarizer filter and it bounced down amongst the rocks landing on a rock at water level and was immediately grabbed by a crab!  It appeared to be a lost cause for a couple of reasons, first I was sure the filter had to be broken after bouncing on the rocks, secondly I wasn’t sure I could possibly reach it and finally I was a little bit leery of snatching it from the crab.  I took off my backpack and camera, lay down on top of the lava rock and found that I could barely reach the filter and deftly snatched it from the clutches of this demonic crab.  It appeared to be in ok condition, later washed It to remove the salt water, cleaned it again and hopefully it will be back in operation for tomorrows adventure.  It was a great day overall, got lots of walking and saw some interesting sites along the way.  While I was exploring Honolulu, Ann and Cathy basically shopped til they dropped….  Tomorrow, Hilo and hopefully tomorrow night Kilauea night time eruptions…

No comments:

Post a Comment