Tuesday, February 23, 2016

2016 Grand World Voyage, Day 49, Benoa, Bali, Indonesia (Part 3 of 3)

Today just couldn’t have been any better....  My dear friend, Made, picked me up at the port after a beautiful sail into Benoa and off we went.  We traveled all over the place, visiting some new and really interesting places.  First stop was at a Batik factory, I wanted to pick up a nice Batik shirt or two, or three....  Then we went to a fabulous temple, Goa Gajah...  beautiful temple with some great carvings surrounding a cave.  First time I have visited this temple and it was great!  Next, we traveled to Gunung Kawi Temple with spectacular carvings in the rocks...  massive.  It was a nice hike to get there with beautiful surroundings.  It did seem that today was one of the better days for me to capture the beautiful rice fields and terraces of Bali which always capture my attention in a big way, pure art!  The next visit was pretty amazing...  we went to Tirta Empul, a water temple and as we arrived, the skies opened up and we had torrential rains....  talk about a water temple!  We had more water than we could deal with.  Made & I were troopers and made our way through the temple capturing photos that clearly were affected by the deluge.  Once we left there, we went to the Tegalalang Rice Terrace in Ubud, one of my favorite stops...  The rains subsided, we stopped for a drink and a snack and got some nice looks at beautiful rice terraces...  Our final stop of the day was at Mandala Suci Wenara Wana, the Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary in Padangtegal, Ubud.  Some may monkeys is such beautiful surroundings.  The temple was also beautiful.  I really love visiting Bali, first of all I get to see my dear friend Made, who is a very special person,  a great family man and wonderful friend.  The place itself is so beautiful as are the people...  this is one very, very special place.  The day was so wonderful, I have decided to do a three part blog, here is part three of three.  Thank you Made for such a great day and being such a wonderful friend.  All the best to you and your family....

 

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, this was quite a three part post....I felt as though I was back in Bali. So interesting, but I really love the photo of the bridge with the tree roots hanging all around it........Beachlady

    ReplyDelete