Monday, February 1, 2016

2016 Grand World Voyage, Day 27, Waitangi, New Zealand (Part 1 of 2)

Had a really nice day visiting the Bay of Islands today and got a lot of exercise along the way.  We ashore very early in the morning since we arrived before 7:00 am.  I decided to walk from Waitangi to Paihia and take the ferry from there to Russell, the first permanent European settlement in New Zealand.  It is a lovely little town, full of historical houses and stores.  While I was there I first walked up to Flagstaff Hill for some fabulous views.  Then I returned to the town and walked around, settling in at the Pompallier Mission for a visit, particularly loving the gardens..  Then I returned to Paihia for a visit before returning to Waitangi and the ship.....  Wonderful day!  Part one of two...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment