Thursday, April 2, 2015

Day 193 Aqaba, Jordan ( Part 1 of 3)

We arrived very early this morning and I left the ship around 6:45 with Brad, Gloria, Ann, Cathy, George & Neil…..  We drove along the ancient King's Way about 1.5 hours to the rose red rock city of Petra, a must-see in the Middle East and a second visit for me. Petra was the  capital of the Nabatean is famous for its grandeur and marvelous architecture.  Upon arrival at the Visitor's Centre we started with our guide to the Siq, a narrow gorge, and continued to the beautiful Treasury, Al Khazneh, the most famous monument of Petra. I left the group on the way to speed up the tour for me. After the Treasury, I headed up to the High Place of Sacrifice, was up the mountain for a scenic overlook of Petra….  Then I headed down and walked along the Street of Facades and to the Royal Tombs. I then walked down the Colonnaded Street to the Temenos Gate. I checked out all the areas of interest along the way and then headed back toward the Treasury to make my way back to the Visitor Centre. Along the way I met back up with my friends and headed back with them.  We made it back to the Visitor Center and met up with or driver and headed out for the next adventure, and drove 1.5 hours to Wadi Rum to experience a jeep tour of this amazing desert with its sand dunes and rugged mountains. Simply magnificent!!!!  Then it was back to the cruise ship in Aqaba.  What a day!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment