Sunday, January 25, 2015

Day 126 Papeete, Tahiti (Part 1 of 2)

We had a pretty dreary sail into the port of Papeete.  They seem to be still having after effects from their recent Tropical Storm.  Brad, Cathy, Ann & I had no real plans, just were going to walk around but did a major course correction and decided to take a Tahiti Paradise Tour for a half day into the Papeno’o Valley.  Before leaving on our tour we did a quick tour of the Marche, you know how I love markets.  Once back we were off and running.  What a perfect day it turned out to be, all the rain and thunderstorms forecast held off so we could see some really dramatic, beautiful scenery….  Our guide, Fara, described it as her own Jurassic Park and I can see why…  The mountains, Valleys and countless waterfalls certainly had a Jurassic Park feel to it.  It was probably the best day I have ever had on Tahiti and I have been here many times….  Thanks Fara!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment