Friday, October 24, 2014

Day 33 Hong Kong

Took a little bit of a different approach today….  Instead of going 100 miles per hour touring all day, took a more relaxed approach.  First, I took the Star Ferry over to Hong Kong Island to visit the Apple Store to get all my devices updated.  As it turned out, I also made a small purchase while I was there.  When I was done, went back to the ship to drop packages and reload my backpack for the next outing….  This time, took the Star Ferry to visit the Wan Chai Markets….  First time visit and I loved them….  Very interesting to see all the people going about their daily lives in Hong Kong.  Then it was back to the Apple Store to set up my new purchase…..  After completing that I went back to Admand Optical to pick up some glasses.  Before you knew it, it was time to get back onboard….   Now we are sailing for Vietnam.  I have no plans yet for our port in Phu My.  Something will come to me!

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff,
    Your pictures have been wonderful. Thanks so much for the "working ships" and the vibrant markets. Don't know how you manage but you capture the most interesting people shots. So enjoyed the Asian artwork, certainly is worthy of more than a passing glimpse!
    So glad trip is going well except for Mr. Hu and hopefully the typhoons and monsoons are finished.
    BVH-Groton, Ct

    ReplyDelete
  2. The relaxed approach produced some beautiful pictures and a special adventure at the local markets. Luv the pictures of the pig heads and feet...As usual your people photos are stellar.....thanks for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete