Saturday, September 20, 2014

Great day in Seattle, Part 1 of 2

I headed out early this morning and headed to Pike’s Place Market to get in some walking and snap a few pics along the way. I had a number of hours to explore before I had to meet friends to go on a helicopter tour of the Seattle area.  I even had a chance to see Allan & Sandra who were waiting on a ferry to take them to Bainbridge Island for a visit.  From the markets I headed to the Chihuly Garden and Glass museum….  After my visit to the Denver Botanical Gardens and seeing Dale Chihuly’s display, I was anxious to visit his museum in Seattle.  It was, as expected, fabulous.  I did like the Denver setting a little better because of the vast array of plants and flowers intermingled with the glass art.  So, here is part one of my blog capturing a bit of my morning’s activities..

6 comments:

  1. Again looking forward to many, many wonderful photos. Wishing you a great cruise!
    It's probably been asked many times yet, but can't find it, so I give it a try :) What lens(es) do you use? Do you just depend on one or take more when exploring all those beautifull places? I am wondering because you make fantastic close-up photos but also great landscape ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Chihuly stuff! Saw one of his exhibits in the Atlanta botanical gardens. Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to be sailing with you again. Save travels and keep healthy. I already love the pictures! Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. incredible photos.................... added these places to our bucket list............

    ReplyDelete