Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 5 Kodiak, Alaska (Part 1 of 3)

We arrived very early into the harbor of Kodiak, Alaska…..  before the sun had even risen.  The sunrise was just so beautiful!  I was off with my friends Margo, Harry, & Brad to go on a float plane from Kingfisher Air to search for Kodiak bears.  We were met at 9:00 by our pilot, Kyle who explained to us that seeing bears may be a real challenge and if we wanted to back out that was OK.  We decided to go ahead and at least get some good flightseeing in for Kodiak Island.  The trip turned out just find….  We ended up seeing some truly magnificent scenery, whales, bears and even bald eagles.  It was a fabulous day!  I am just thrilled that Kodiak was on the itinerary….  First time visit for me and hopefully not the last.  Took a lot of photos so I will post three sections…. Hope you enjoy Kodiak as much as I did.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment