Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 91 At Sea

Today was a lovely day at sea despite a fairly cool breeze.  Ian, Carole & I sat out by the pool for most of the day reading and visiting with friends.  Had some very disappointing news today….  One of my highlights for this voyage was a visit to West Africa, Senegal & Gambia….  Holland America cancelled those ports, along with Ascension Island because, apparently according to the Captain’s letter, some guests were concerned and anxious about the visit to West Africa because of Ebola virus in some of the Western African countries.  Sad…..  These ports are being replaced with an additional port in the Cape Verde Islands, Praia on Santiago, making Mindelo in Cape Verde an overnight and adding St Lucia in the Caribbean…..  At this point I am ready to get home…..  Oh…  just thought I would include another desert photo, still thinking of my amazing flight yesterday..

4 comments:

  1. Jeff, What a fabulous fly over you had. It all looked like watercolor paintings. The beauty of Mother Nature is certainly breathtaking. Beachlady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so enjoyed your wonderful travel blog the past couple of years. You've seen some amazing places!! However, as I have read and enjoyed, I have also thought you must get weary of being away from home so much. If you take a hiatus from cruising, I know you'll be exploring in other ways and I hope you'll keep on blogging your new adventures. Enjoy the remainder of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand your disappointment at not visiting the West African ports. Was a reason given for missing Ascension Island as well?

    Loving your beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No reason given... My guess is to save fuel.... make a little more money.

      Delete