Friday, February 21, 2014

Day 48 Madang, Papua New Guinea (Part 1 of 3)

I love Papua New Guinea….  Many people can’t stand Madang but I really like it.  It was early off the ship for our little adventure today.  First, we had some native dancers which were fabulous.  Then, Ian, Carole, Steve, Carol & I hired a couple of guys to take us around the island for a while.  Our first destination was Bilbil Village.  The people were wonderful and once again we were treated to a number of native dances.  It turned out to be a very interesting and very photo rich visit to Bilbil Village.  Next we headed to Riwo Village, stopping along the way for photos. The children we came across were quite fun and they really loved to have their photos taken.  It turned out to be a very hot, tiring but wonderful day.  As for me, the shingles are pretty oppressive but I am determined to keep going.  Now we have two days at sea so perhaps I’ll get a little relief.  Oops, almost forgot….  Got a bit carried away today.  I have decided to post three batches of photos from today’s adventure.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment