Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 45 At Sea

It was another pretty nice day at sea, interrupted once in a while by a passing shower but wonderful nonetheless….. Went back to the doctor again today, pretty much a daily occurrence…..  Seems that I do have Shingles, what a pain… Seems to have affected my neck from front to back on the right side, up to the ear and my face.  Good thing this disease is pain free…..  OK, maybe I made that up.  I’ll be taking pills 5 times a day for a while.  With my fading memory skills this could be a challenge.   On a more positive note, we had a wonderful dinner tonight….   My friends John & Diane St John joined us for dinner and our esteemed Hotel Director, Henk Mensink joined us as well.  It was a fabulous evening!  Tomorrow we visit Alotau, Papua New Guinea, a new port for me….  So excited!

 

3 comments:

  1. Jeff,
    So sorry you have the dreaded Shingles! Hoping you have a fast recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is now an immunisation against shingles. Quite expensive but worthwhile as it is usually quite a painful affliction. I think you need to wait a year or so to have it after you have had shingles but do ask a doctor about it, and for others reading this who have not had shingles, maybe look into the vaccination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most meds for shingles require the patient to stay out of the sun.
    Get better bud...
    (whitey)

    ReplyDelete