Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day 33 At Sea

What can I say?  Another, absolutely perfect day….  Hope this just keeps up throughout the voyage.  I spent the day with Ian & Carole poolside reading and visiting with friends.  Tonight was wonderful….  Ian & Carol joined Ann,Cathy, Linda & I for dinner.  In addition, Yuri & Val from “Black Tie” joined us for dinner.  It was a fun evening with great food & conversation….  Tomorrow we visit Noumea, New Caledonia, a place I have visited a number of times.  On a very sad note, I learned today of the passing of a wonderful friend, Arda Hazenberg from Holland.  She was an inspiration to me on how she embraced life to the fullest even as she struggled with her illness.  She was always in the forefront of my thoughts as I did my blog.  She loved my photos and I was always committed, no matter how much I really didn’t feel like it, to get my blog done each day, for her….  My thoughts go out to her amazing husband, Hermann, as he deals with her loss.  Arda had such an amazing impact on me that she will always inspire me to embrace each day as wonderfully as she did…..

4 comments:

  1. So very sorry for the loss of your friend Arda. You've spoken of her in our conversations and I know how much she and her positive spirit meant to you. My condolences to her husband Hermann as well. This post is such a sweet tribute to her.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling very sad for you and for her family...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful words spoken.
    T&C

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a touching tribute. A&C

    ReplyDelete