Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 8 Manta, Ecuador

It was a nice but fairly overcast sail into Manta harbor this morning…  Today is the big day, heading to Lake Titicaca although I won’t decide whether I’ll actually go or not when I finally have to leave the ship to catch my flight. Not feeling too great at the moment and the thought of going to 12,000 + feet is a bit daunting.  Oh well…  I did go out this morning with Ian, Carol, Cherryl & Larry.  We hooked up a taxi and went to the town of Montecristi a colonial town founded in 1628 and famous for making  Panama hats.  Did you think they were made in Panama? There is also a pretty nice church there, really magnificent!  After coming back to the ship I am doing this blog and will do the final preparations before I take a nap….  Assuming I go, I hope to blog again by tomorrow night in Puna, Peru at Lake Titicaca….

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment