Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day 6 Transiting the Panama Canal

Today was a magnificent day to transit the canal…. The weather was beautiful, well until we got to the Pedro Miguel locks when the skies opened up for a torrential downpour for a while.  Anyway, it was fabulous!  I never tire of this transit.  In spite of the fact that I was through here less than 2 weeks ago, I still loved every minute of it, it is always different.  It is also nice to see all the progress that is being made on the new locks.  Tomorrow is a day at sea, a day I really need….  I leave the day after tomorrow for about 5 days to go to Lake Titicaca and I need to start thinking about packing….  Hmmmm, cooler climates, not good!

 

3 comments:

  1. Jeff ,Two weeks ago I said you give a new perspective each time you transit the canal, and this time you outdid yourself! Great series of photos. Someone that hasn't been there can feel as though they were out on deck with you. Beachlady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jeff, Carole & Ian!!!

    Have a Wonderful trip and can't wait to see all the Adventures you will go through together!!!

    From Rita & Colin in Montreal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeff
    Nice pic's, I will follow your blog to make sure you are looking after my parents, lol.

    Lorna Paterson

    ReplyDelete