Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 16 Georgetown, Grand Cayman

We sailed into the harbor of Georgetown very early this morning….  The sun was just beginning to rise.  I got off on the first tender and met up with my old friend Apollonia, the wife of Captain Edward van Zaane of the Nieuw Amsterdam.  I sailed around the world a few times with them and they have always been special friends.  Anyway, Apollonia & I headed for 7 mile beach.  We were some of the first to arrive and we enjoyed the morning soaking up the sun, swimming and catching up.  We just had the best time.  To make it even better….  They gave me a couple of Rum cakes, they know my weakness.  After the beach we headed back to town so she could head back to the Nieuw Amsterdam.  After she left I wandered around Georgetown checking out the shops.  I tried to help out the local economy by getting a Blizzard at Dairy Queen….  I wanted to help out the employees there to make sure business was good so they could keep their jobs….  So, I sacrificed and had a Blizzard for the greater good.  I then stopped off at a local coffee shop for a little Wi-Fi time before heading back to the ship.  The balance of the afternoon was spent poolside.  What a fabulous day!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Jeff,

    You have the right idea for a January Blizzard. I like to snorkle in Grand Cayman, but there's not a thing wrong with Seven Mile Beach and a lovely lady.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete