Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 12 Last day in Puno, Peru

It was with mixed emotions that I left Puno and Lake Titicaca today….  The people were wonderful and so colorful, it was a sight to behold.  My guide Sue and my driver Gato were fabulous.  On the other hand, I did suffer quite a bit from altitude sickness and I was overdue to get back down to a safe altitude.  My personal highlight were the Uros islands and the fabulous people who lived there.  I also enjoyed immensely the people of Taquile Island.  It was just a great experience…  here are a few of my last memories of Puno, Lake Titicaca and the road to Juliaca….  Internet seems to be working for the moment so…  why not post?

 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jeff, for enduring the altitude and posting what is the highlight, so far, of your blog! Looking forward to more photos of Formal Nights (please!) and your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent pics as always.. big question is.. where's the 'bowler hat' :)

    ReplyDelete