Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 11 Lake Titicaca (Part 2 of 3)

Continueing on with my fabulous day on Lake Titicaca…  Please refer to part 1 for a description of the days activities and hopefully some nice photos.  As you can see in this section, I transition from the Uros or floating islands to Taquile Island, a totally different culture,  Here the women wear black scarves over their heads instead of those really cool bowler hats…  On the island the people were very friendly. When we got off the boat we got on a stone path that went up, and up, and up.  I asked my guide Sue several times if it ever ends…  After my initial struggles with altitude sickness you can imagine my concern about hiking up and endless path.  After an hour we did reach the town and I was a happy guy…  The walk up the path was worth it however, very scenic along the way.  Stay tuned for part 3….

3 comments:

  1. Jeff, you have taken a tour that I have always dreamed of. Thanks for the wonderful pictures which are now as near as I will ever get. I am glad you were able to make this fabulous trip.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff-- wonderful to read and see! I will be hiking the Inca Trail in Peru in June, so am loving your Peru postings! Best-- Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnifcant. Incredibly beautiful. It must have been a memorable experience to be with these amazing people. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete