Thursday, December 26, 2013

Day 9 Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala (Part 1 of 2)

Well, having been here many times, I decided to take it pretty easy today….  Instead it was a pretty interesting day.  I walked to the town of San Jose, about 3-4 miles away.  It was a little risky, as was pointed out by a number of the locals.  It seems that the big camera draws a lot of attention and apparently there are some people who may want to take it away.  I finally headed a little of their advice and took a tuk tuk back from town.  The walk was great!  I chatted with a lot of people along the way and enjoyed the market in San Jose immensely…. San Jose is in the opposite direction that I went last year with my friends John & Peter when we went to Iztapa….  It was a wonderful time capped off with a few hours poolside….  Once again, I took a gazillion photos and am publishing a two part blog….  Will I ever learn???

2 comments:

  1. Great pics Jeff, they really captured the essence

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOT the safest country to take a stroll in.. or to drive in--plenty of car-jackings..the locals you spoke to do not fib... with that ..and I think I've mentioned this before.. P-Q and that entire coastal area is one of the premiere Sailfishing hotspots in the world..having also been there many times before I do a lot of fishing and this port was top shelf A-#1 for catching--and releasing-- Sailfish.. best of the best..even better than Panama and C-R with high Sailfishing numbers... the small Sailfishing Resorts around Ixtapa and San Jose advise their clients who fly in to G-City NOT to drive over to the coast.. they pick them up because of all the crime ..

    ReplyDelete