Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Day 7 At Sea

I am still loving my voyage on the Statendam….  They couldn’t be treating me any better.  It was a full day poolside for me, loved it!!!!  Tonight is formal night which means I’ll be staying in for the evening.  I packed light, no formal wear.  Tomorrow we travel to Mazatlán, the replacement port for Topolobampo.  Interesting story about that…  I was on the forward deck yesterday as we sailed into Guaymas and a woman was upset that Topolobampo was cancelled because she wanted to go to the Copper Canyon (as did we all).  She told me it was cancelled because of those stupid Americans…  I sad “What?”  She told me that the Americans had captured a Leader in the drug cartel which made it unsafe for us to go to Topolobampo.  She said they should just let the cartels alone because drugs are everywhere anyway.  Where do these people come from????  I think she could feel differently if her children had their lives destroyed by drugs…  or not.  I guess going to Copper Canyon trumps everything else.  I am just glad to hear that we Americans are at fault once again for trying to do the right thing.  Not sure what I will do tomorrow, apparently Mazatlán has its own security issues.  We are warned not to wander about alone….  Oops that has my name written all over it.

 

3 comments:

  1. Captain Albert reports that according to the auditors of the yearly Carnival Corp. safety and compliance audit, TEAM Statendam scored within the top 5 of all the 110 Carnival ships out there. He has a nice blog, but is off until March, 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please tell us what you found in mazatlan?....we are thinking of cruising there again but wondered who is at the terminal????.....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff.. it sure takes all kinds to have an attitude like she had.. people like that have no idea of what the 'real world' is like... totally in outer-space.. safety comes first contrary to what she might think.. they should have dropped her off and left her there.. incredible stuff..

    ReplyDelete