Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 31 Hong Kong, People's Republic of China

Yesterday was a hard act to follow but I think I did pretty well….  I went out with friends to visit the Chi Lin Nunnery.  I was there last year and loved it so much decided to go back.  The first thing you come to are the gardens…  spectacular!  The you go to the Nunnery which is just magnificent.  Unexpectedly, we decided to go to the 10,000 Buddha’s Monastery….  That was simply amazing!  There are nearly 13,000 statues of Buddha at the temple in various poses.  Some of them appear a bit humorous…  Great visit!  After our adventure out with friends, I went back to Adman Optical and picked up my new glasses from Thomas.  Now we are on our way to Vietnam

 

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, I just went online to catch up with your blog. I can't believe the last 4 posts. Your pictures are just amazing!! You capture the flavor of Hong Kong and the surrounding areas. The people pictures are wonderful. What character we see in their expressions. I am making notes of where to go next time I am there. Thank you for all the trouble you go through to give us this blog. Your pictures are so professional. Believe me, it is appreciated!!!!! Beachlady

    ReplyDelete