Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day 29 At Sea

Lovely day at sea….  Spent the day poolside with a few interruptions along the way.  First of all, I went to the doctor this morning to see about my knee again.  Just when I thought things were getting better, out of the blue, it became very unstable overnight.  Don’t know what’s up with that.  Tomorrow in Hong Kong will be a real test.  Right now I am sitting here typi with a big bag of ice on my knee.  If things don’t improve, a MRI in Singapore may be in order…  I hate this!!!!  Anyway, on a more positive note, my second interruption of pooltime came with the Mongolian Barbeque for lunch….  My favorite and chef Rey fixes it the best….  The remainder of the day was poolside except for running in for Arts & Crafts…..  trying to become more crafty!  All in al it was a very nice day (except for the whole knee thing).  Getting up very early for the sail into Hong Kong harbor, one of the best in the world….  Should be a fun visit!  One final thing….  For Hollland America Line in Seattle a question….  I know you are readingso here it is:  Why do you persist inpublishing departure times for Grand Voyages and staying silent on “All Aboard” times until the last minute?  It is very hard or impossible to responsibly plan activities in advance without knowing when we have to be on board.  I know putting departure times on the schedule are better advertising since it shows longer visits but keeping guests informed should be a priority.  A recent example is Shanghai which had a published departure time of 1700 but the all aboard time ended up to be 1530….  That time wasn’t disclosed until the daily program for the day of departure…..  Thanks, hope you will act on this…..

 

1 comment:

  1. Jeff, I've got a "bad" knee. I misjudged a step about 5 years ago and must have overextended it. Not bad enough for surgery, but when it acts up it aches and wakes me up at night for a few days, and then out of the blue it stops. This happens time and again. So my advice to you is to wait another few days....maybe take some over the counter (here) pain relief pills in the meantime. I'd bet in Hong Kong you can get a few herbal teas that will help, too.
    As far as the "all aboard"/"sailing time" I'll bet that they would rather have you onboard shopping than ashore.
    David

    ReplyDelete