Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 18 Saipan, Marianas Islands (Part 1 of 2)

 

Today we took a tour mainly focusing on the WWII events on Saipan…  I went with John, Brad, Gloria, Bill & Doug.  Our guide, Scott, was extremely knowledgeable and provided a nice experience.  We didn’t have Wi-Fi like Noel provided but that’s OK, he just spoiled me..  Our tour included highlights such as a visit to landing beaches,  Suicide cliff, Banzai cliff, and numerous other bunkers and war artifacts around the island.  Once again, the rains came and went, getting a little tired of the rains at this point.  However… the Captain gave us an update of Tropical Storm Wipha who will be affecting us for the next couple of days…..  Anyway, I digress…  The island is just lovely and the people are very friendly.  We had a wonderful day learning about the WWII history for Saipan and seeing a lot of beautiful scenery….  Next up, two sea days on the way to Japan.  Again, I am publishing 2 parts to the blog to get more photos in….  I am out of control!

1 comment:

  1. I thank you for being "out of control" regarding the photos. Love them all!
    Carrie.

    ReplyDelete