Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 131 Bora Bora, French Polynesia (Part 2 of 2)

We arrived into Bora Bora early this morning…..  Today was a special day because I was going out on the reef to swim with the sharks.  I do this every time I come here…..  I love it!  In 2009, I went on a tour with a local guy named Patrick.  It was the best tour I have ever done and today was to be a repeat.  A number on my friends were booked along with me which made it doubly special.   This blog shows the above water beauty of Bora Bora from our sailin continuing through our tour which included a circumnavigation of the island.  This is truly one of the most beautiful places that I have encountered in my travels plus…. Love swimming with those sharks….

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh Jeff, your underwater pictures in Bora Bora are worthy of National Geographic. Amazing!! I swear, they get better every year. We spent a month in the South Pacific on our honeymoon many years ago, including a week in Bora Bora, and I agree that it is one of the most beautiful places on this planet. Of course, those many years ago, there were no cruise ships anchored there so it was very serene. Thanks for the memories.....Beachlady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff, beautiful foto's from a beautiful spot on this globe. What also hit me is the foot of a guy drinking Coca-Cola , is this Aart or .. , if this is Aart, please copy this foto to the " Heineken " organization, they will not like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what has happened to Aart.... He is wearing shorts, snorkeling and drinking Coke. I think he is an imposter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh these pictures make we want to cry... our ship sailed into Bora in 2011 on a day they were going to have one of the biggest king tides ever.... Govt banned all water sport tours on that day which of course meant no boating and snorkeling.... next year we are going to moorea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoyed looking at and looking again at and once again at the past 3 posts. Truly an unmatched place. I'm still wondering why you've never told anyone that in addition to all the other things you do, you're also a dolphin trainer!

    ReplyDelete