Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 69 Lahaina, Maui

We arrived into the anchorage at Lahaina a bit early this morning.  I headed to the port on the first tender ready to explore the town.  The last time I was here it was a very wet and rainy day.  Today was beautiful.  I enjoyed exploring the town and was particularily taken by the Puuphia Cemetery that I came across near the beach….  It appeared abandoned at first but there was something intriging about its’ simplicity amongst the sand dunes…..  I also enjoyed the changes in light between sunrise and late afternoon and its’ effects on the magnificent mountains on Maui and neighboring Molokai.  I have also enjoyed, emensley, having the use of my iPhone and talking with friends and family. It was a wonderful day….

 

3 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful! We have a family friend that live on Maui. I really hope to see Hawaii some day...
    These days I do the countdown an preparation for my holiday cruise with Maasdam :-)

    Kirsti
    Norway

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite places I've been. Thanks for bringing back some great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff, You seem to have got out of sync with your dates. You must have missed the changeover on the International Dateline? Greetings from a fellow passenger on the 2012 Grand World Voyage.

    ReplyDelete