Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 54 At Sea

Today had a lot of good things going for it but my intense neck pain is taking away from the experience….  The first order of business this morning was to view the solar eclipse.  It started around 7:00 am and peaked with a maximum of 60% coverage around 8:00.  Interesting way to start the day.  It was pretty windy and chilly to start the day so after the eclipse, I bundled up at the Lido pool and tried to get some rest.  Then the sun came out more later and I moved to the aft pool.  I spent a good part of the day trying to find something to give me relief, ice, heat, tiger balm. Muscle relaxants, ibuprophen and even massage.  This is not much fun.  Tonight was a formal night with a medieval theme and the crew were dressed accordingly.  It was a great dinner hosted by our Security Officer Norm and his charming wife.  Tonight we had a great show put on by Melissa Manchester.  Now it is time for more pills and bed…..

 

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you're still having the neck pain. I hope you get some relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff,

    I don't know if they offer acupuncture on the ship, but I have used it locally for neck spasms and it really helps.

    Hope you feel better soon, I can totally relate to your pain!

    And thanks once again for sharing your amazing journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Find Voltaren far better than ibru--worth a try (if they have them on board)can certainly empathise with you,hope you will soon be pain free

    ReplyDelete