Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 41 Komodo Island, Indonesia

Today I did something that I am not known to do…..   I stayed on the ship.  The Holland America tours didn’t sound good to me for going ashore to see the Komodo Dragons.  They had tours leaving every half hour and a total number of 125 people for each time slot….  Way too many people in too short a period of time to properly do a Komodo Trek.  Next time I will arrange my own private tour since that is allowed now.  Anyway, I was here in Feb or March this year and we saw many dragons.  I have included some dragon photos from that trek here.  For a more detailed look you can go to this link for the blog that day:  http://amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com/2012/03/day-91-komodo-island-indonesia-part-2_05.html  It is amazing how the islands are so brown now when they were a verdant green on our last visit.  As for me today…  I got fried poolside….  Great day!!!

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. i thought i recognized the first dragoon from our visit on the 2012 2012 world cruise !

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeff, i remember your photos very well from last year's world cruise. praying that you were using a long telephoto lens on the komodo dragons. those are some nasty looking claws!! if i remember, one of the dragons charged at you...you made the right decision to stay on board since you have been there and done that.
    beachlady




    ReplyDelete