Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 32 Nha Trang, Vietnam (Part 1 of 2)

Another wonderful day in Nha Trang…..  I have been here a number of times and have always enjoyed it.  Last March we were here and had a spectacular day and today was no different.  Larry, Carol & I left the ship first thing and hooked up and taxi & driver for some scenic touring.  We first headed for the countryside snapping photos along the way as we went.  We stopped off at the Long Son Pagoda along the way to see the temple, along with the reclining and seated Buddha.  It was pretty cool….  A monk even put me under the bell as he rang it, that was a little scary.  Glad he wasn’t hammering it too hard.  The visit, as ususl was wonderful.  Then it was back to the countryside, checking out the rice paddies and the local markets….  That was great.  I even picked up 5 kilos of hot chilies for the crew….  They are going to love that.  Then it was off to the Ha Ra Bridge and the Po Nagar Complex or the Cham Towers which was begun in the 7th century.  Then it was off to the huge Cho Dam, Central Market complex…  It was a wonderful day for seeing the people in their everyday lives….  Great stuff!  Once again I over did it for photos and have decided to share way too many.  This, again , entailed posting a two part blog….

 

1 comment:

  1. I have always been mesmerized by the faces you have captured during your travels. When I FINALLY made it to Asia last winter, I was just as taken by the people as I was the scenery. Their story is written all over their faces. Today's photos are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete