Thursday, September 20, 2012

Seattle, Washington


































































My morning started much earlier than I wanted it to when I woke in the wee hours of the morning….  The time change got to me.    Oh well….  After breakfast, I went to Holland America Line headquarters to pick up my medications for the next 7 months.  I sent them to Seattle via FedEx to cut back on my carry on luggage….. great plan!  Anyway, after securing my medications, I headed out to explore Seattle.  First stop was Kerry Park overlook, where you can get a good view of the city.  Only problem was that downtown was draped in a thick blanket of fog.  I waited up there for probably an hour but it just got worse.  I hit the road again heading for the Space Needle hoping that the skies would clear as the sun rose in the sky.  It was a hopeless cause up there for the longest time but all of a sudden the skies cleared, exposing the Seattle skyline.  From there I took the Monorail across town and headed for the Pike’s Place Market which is always good for a photo or two.  Then I couldn’t resist taking a ride on the Seattle Great Wheel, a big Ferris wheel down by the water… nice ride.  The only disappointing thing today was the hotel.  I arrived back at the hotel at 3:30 and they hadn’t touched my room….  not very happy. I was willing to overlook the toilet that didn’t work properly and the very noisy room but…. Not cleaning it was a bit much.   I wouldn’t recommend the Homewood Suites as a place for lodging in Seattle.  But I would recommend taking a Holland America Cruise out of Seattle… think I will.  I board the ship tomorrow morning, the wait is over…..                       

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff

    Glad to see you're back just love your pictures , sunny and warm here in Victoria for awhile yet apparently.Seattle is a great city plenty to do and see!

    The fog yes this time of year often lots.

    Em’s plane was almost diverted to Portland this afternoon but they made it.
    Have a great voyage!!!
    Al & Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff sandra and i liked the clouds. Sandra wants to see her shoes. Safe journey. US

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't know me but I found you on CC and I have to say I love your photos and travelling along with you in spirt anyway. I thought your foggy Seattle photos were stunning.

    Have a great trip.

    Gail in Ontario, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the fog photos! Next time you're in Seattle, stay at Inn at the Market. The entrance is in one of your pictures. Fabulous small hotel and they have a rooftop deck that will blow you away as well as provide you will endless photo ops.

    Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely noticed a running theme in your photos - a kinship perhaps? Bon Voyage!

    Sister Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jeff!
    So looking forward to your new adventure, photos & blog!!!!
    We just got off MS Amsterdam today, after 14 day Alaska, great fun!
    Spoke To Renee in the spa, told her we were followers of "Tan Man"!!
    Have fun!
    Karen & John

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great journey, the first set of foto's are beautiful, regards from Arda & Hermann

    ReplyDelete
  8. jeff, great photos! we always feel as though we are there with you. fog pics are wonderful. couldn't wait for your voyage to begin. i will be following you every day, but with all the unrest brewing in the world, PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!! beachlady

    ReplyDelete