Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 1 Seattle, Washington

Well, the long awaited day finally arrived…..  I woke up very early, once again, but this time it was 2:56 am, a full 16 minutes later than yesterday.  Gettting better.  My friend Vickie picked me up at the hotel at 10:00 this morning and gave me a ride to the ship.  It didn’t take long to check in and then a short wait before boarding.  I saw lots of old friends and some of the senior excetives from Holland America Line, including the President & CEO Stein Kruse.  Once I got aboard I was home….  It was so nice to see my friends aboard the ms Amsterdam.  The day was spent visiting, catching up and of course, snapping the occasional photo.  I am almost done unpacking and it is officially time to relax and be excited about the adventures that lie ahead.  This is day 1 out of a 221 day voyage, where does the time go?  I better start thinging about packing to go home….  I think I’m kidding about that one…  Here’s praying that the next 8 days at sea bring a little good weather….  Need sunshine.

 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you have gotten on the Amsterdam ... home again!
    Your pixs made me homesick for all the folks that make it such a wonderful place to spend LOTS of time!!!
    Sorry I'll not be on with you all this time around.

    Take care,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome journey you are going on! I wish you all the best for a wonderful voyage. Looking forward to your photos and blogposts, thanks so much for sharing!
    Kirsti Norway

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I .........ehmmmmm ..... You are sailing again. Following your blog feels like I'm on the ship myself. I hope one day I will be able to make my own adventures. Thanks again for your wonderful blog and stunning pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed that you can find sun to maintain your tan.

    ReplyDelete