Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 23 Dublin, Ireland

I took the road less traveled today…..  I met a couple from Holland on the shuttle bus going into town, Han & Cobi Noorlander,  who were taking a train to a small fishing village named Howth…..  I decided to go with them and when we got to the Pearse Street station another fellow traveler, Wayne from Norfolk Virginia was there and he joined us.  The ride was pretty nice but the rain kept the photo ops down but… when we arrived in Howth, the weather was just fine.  We had a wonderful time at the village.  It was very scenic.  We stopped at the Brass Monkey for Scones and drinks which was a nice morning break.  After returning to Dublin, we went our separate ways and I wandered the town aimlessly….  I was surprised to see Grafton Street so crowded.  Anyway, I made my way back to the ship and look forward to our day at sea tomorrow.  Loved our visit to Ireland…..

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed the pics of the boats and the ones in the marina. I bet they'd look good as b&w's too!

    ReplyDelete