Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Days in Delaware....

I have been enjoying my days in Delaware as I await my Voyage of the Vikings. I have spent a lot of quality time with friends and family and certainly have enjoyed the sunny days.... There have been some days where the heat has been down right oppressive, even for a beach bum like myself. I always enjoy the time I have with my sister Lisa and her family. I also have been able to see a couple of my closest friends, Randy & Lucy.... talk about old friends, we have known each other for over 50 years. Someone is getting old, just glad it isn't me.... I spent a few days at Rehoboth Beach, where Lucy lives, which was fabulous.... There was nothing but hot sunny weather.... Later this week, Thursday, Randy will take me to the airport in Philadelphia where I will fly to Boston to start the new adventure. This will be a very special voyage. a coming out party of sorts.... I have a friend in Canada, Corrine, who was very ill with some horrible liver disease for much too long a time. She struggled with the disease for a couple of years while she waited on a liver transplant list. The wait was just terrible, never knowing what will come your way to end the misery. Fortunately, she was one of the lucky ones and she received a liver donation a couple of months ago and is doing pretty well. Her doctor feels that she is doing well enough to spread her wings (a little) and has consented to allow her to sail on the Voyage of the Vikings. I look forward to accompanying her on her "maiden" voyage, post transplant. She hasn't been able to go anywhere for a very long time. At the halfway point she will have some tests run and we will see our very close friend Aart van Essen when we arrive in Amsterdam.... I hope this voyage turns out to be one of the best for everyone.... I included a selection of random photos of my stay here in Delaware from my hikes, beach and pool time and just everyday life....

4 comments:

  1. Keep us posted on Corrine please. I have a very good friend that just donated a kidney to a cousin, though not the same, it's still a big deal. I'll be thinking about all 5 of you on this next leg of your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely barns and flowers. So much for lounging around, when does your next adventure begin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your pictures ,as usual,. But I really love you and the ruby duck floating around. Corinne will have a wonderful trip under your care and guidance. Have a wonderful time. Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff,

    Thanks so much for the update on Corrine. Such a lovely person. We hope you both have a wonderful cruise. Please give Corrine our best wishes.

    Bill and Carolyn Gooden

    ReplyDelete