Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 2 At Sea

Today was a pretty relaxing day….  Went out early and tried sitting out on the deck but as the fog rolled in and the breeze got cooler, I had to go inside for a while.  The day was pretty much spent that way, inside and outside…  I felt like my sister’s dog…. Let me out, let me in… all day long…..  The afternoon did warm up a bit and was nice.  Tonight was the Captain’s welcome toast so I have now seen him.  This is a totally new staff for me, except for our cruise director Bruce.  It turned out to be a pretty nice day overall.  I am looking for some land to explore now since it isn’t pool weather, Tuesday will be the day….

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff,
    Belated Bon Voyage..had computer issues Saturday. Glad the weather was nice for the Freedom Trail-lots of history! Sorry you missed
    Old Ironsides hosting OPSail. We had ours the following week. The USCG Barque Eagle and the Brazilian "White Swan" training ship both were able to enter the Thames River under full sail with their national flags streaming out behind them-beautiful sight. The Eagle is now headed up to Newfoundland as she begins her summer training cruise-maybe you'll see her.
    Looking forward to your comments and photos. Must seem a little strange with a new crew after all these years. Hope you're able to get a few rays. Enjoy yourself.
    BVH- Groton, CT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Jeff, I don't think you will get a tan on the trip. In 2010 we had fog for 30 or the 35 days.

    ReplyDelete